INTERSOS selects 8 volunteer operators for the Civil Service
INTERSOS selects 8 volunteer operators for the Civil Service project
RIGHTS IN THE PLURAL: PROMOTE, PRACTICE, COMMUNICATE ALL RIGHTS FOR EVERYONE
If you are interested in a front-line experience of personal growth within a humanitarian organization, this is the opportunity for you!
DURATION OF THE PROJECT
The Civil Service has a duration of 12 months, from May 2023 to May 2024. The number of hours is 1145 hours (approx. 25 hours/week) to be carried out from Monday to Friday, except for project requirements.
Deadline for submitting applications: 20 February 2023 – 2.00 pm .
The INTERSOS project provides for the inclusion of 8 volunteers to support the staff with these objectives:
- Contribute to the improvement of the INTERSOS 24 center's response capacity to the main needs of the migrants who transit through it;
- Promote the inclusion of migrants in society and develop intercultural dialogue;
- Raise citizens' awareness towards greater attention to the problems of migration in Italy and specifically in Rome.
EMPLOYMENT ACTIVITIES OF VOLUNTEER OPERATORS:
The volunteers will be divided between the two INTERSOS offices in Rome.
- 2 op. volunteers at the Interos24center in via di Torre Spaccata:
- Support the staff in welcoming, taking care of and sending to the services of women and girls exposed to factors of marginalization and social exclusion and children participating in the activities of the Child Friendly Space;
- Support the staff in the collection and processing of data relating to flows and users, in updating the mapping of services, in road trips to informal meeting places in the city and in the development and implementation of psycho-social laboratory activities;
- 3 op. volunteers at the Intersos labin via della Stazione di Ottavia 129:
- Support the staff in welcoming, informing, taking charge and sending girls and women in vulnerable conditions to services;
- Support in the development and implementation of psycho-social laboratory activities, in the management of the children's space, in the development and implementation of socio-educational activities aimed at children;
- Provide support in data processing related to health promotion activities and in the organization of awareness activities to facilitate the meeting with the community.
- Participate and collaborate in the implementation of activities in schools aimed at making children aware of the issue of migration and the impact on the reality that surrounds them;
- 3 op. volunteers at the INTERSOSheadquarters, in via Aniene 26/a:
- HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT: Analysis of human resources needs for the implementation of activities related above all to the Migration sector. Support the recruitment for the INTERSOS Europe Region. Support in the production of training modules for operators who will then implement the activities in the field of migration. Occasional support to the Human Resources Department in the international arena based on contingent emergencies.
- COMMUNICATION AND FUNDRAISING DEPARTMENT : Contribute to the development of communication on the condition of migrants and refugees through the sharing of information and audiovisual material. Support in the organization of events aimed at raising citizen awareness and in the creation of information points, drafting articles and specific texts. Encourage the promotion and dissemination of activities also through the network and social media. Support in the Communication Department in annual campaigns, also internationally based on contingent emergencies.
THE IDEAL VOLUNTEER HAS:
- Strong motivation to engage in an educational experience in the non-profit sector
- Sensitivity and interest in the issues of migration and humanitarian operations
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Good communication and relational skills and excellent ability to work in a team
- Fluent knowledge of the English language. Knowledge of French, Arabic, sub-Saharan dialects or other languages of the assisted communities will be considered an asset for positions in the INTERSOS24 center
- Good knowledge of the main computer programs, basic skills in graphic programs and in the use of social networks will be considered a plus
Download the summary sheet of the project
Download the full text of the project
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
Young people , regardless of gender, who meet the following requirements can participate in the selection:
- Italian citizenship, or citizenship of a state of the European Union, or of a non-EU country as long as legally residing in Italy ;
- Be over the age of 18 and have not passed the age of 28 on the date of submission of the application;
- Not having been sentenced, even if not definitive, to imprisonment of more than one year for an intentional crime or to a lesser imprisonment penalty for a crime against a person or concerning the possession, use, port, transport, importation or illicit export of weapons or explosive materials, or for crimes concerning belonging to or aiding and abetting subversive, terrorist or organized crime groups.
The participation requirements must be met on the date of submission of the application and, with the exception of the age limit, maintained until the end of the service.
- They belong to military bodies or police forces;
- Have already performed or are performing national and universal civil service, or have interrupted the service before the scheduled deadline;
- At the time of publication of the tender, they maintain employment/paid collaboration relationships in any capacity with the entity responsible for the project, or have had such relationships lasting more than three months in the 12 months preceding the date of publication of the tender; paid internships are also included in these cases.
Having already carried out the civil service within the European program "Garanzia Giovani", the European experimental project IVO4ALL and in the Civil Peace Corps, or having interrupted the civil service at conclusion of a sanctioning procedure against the entity originating from the notification of the volunteers.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION AND SELECTION:
The application form must be sent exclusively through the Online DOL Question platform at https://domandaonline.serviziocivile.it/ , using SPID* credentials.
To find out how to have SPID credentials click here
The presentation of only one application among all the projects present in the call in question is allowed.
FOR INFO ON THE PROJECT AND REQUIREMENTS:
INTERSOS – Humanitarian Organization:
Phone +39 06 853 7431
FOR INFO ON HOW TO APPLY:
Aspiring volunteers are required to find out about the methods, times and places of selection on the website www.arciserviziocivile.it/roma .
Download the announcement and other useful materials: Call for applications SCU 2022
The selections will take place according to the criteria deposited and approved by the USCN during the accreditation phase.
For info , guidance and support for submitting applications, contact Arci Servizio Civile Roma: firstname.lastname@example.org